- Updated on March 13, 2013.
I said I'd do a blog post about why I'm winding down my involvement at Logo Creation wiki, so here it is...
After working on making many, many logos (and a few favicons and themes) over the last year and probably contributing 90+% of the work on this wiki, I've decided that if this wiki is going to be a one person show, it will have to be some other person than me. I've contributed through the change over from Monaco to Oasis and tried to provide a nice service that Wikia didn't really seem to want to do until recently. I guess I'm getting tired again of helping Wikia so much and them basically not wanting to do much give and take. I'm not a perfect enough helper for them.
I will continue to make logos for people if…Read more >
- The merge is off. Contact Wikia for details.
This was from an e-mail from Dopp:
- Here's what we have for a plan so far
- 1. All Files will be imported to Community Central.
- Note: If there are any filename conflicts, we'll add "_2" (or something similar) to the end of the Logo Creation Wiki file's name on import. The techs will provide us with a list of these files so we can manually change links in the forum posts. On initial checks, it looks like there are about 39 images with conflicting filenames.
- 2. All Forum threads will be imported to the "Admin_Forum:" namespace.
- This means they will display under the namespace skin for Founder & Admin Central. Founder & Admin Central Forums will be broken down into categories, and one of those categories wi…
See Possibly the end of the line for me at Templates wiki.
Read more >
-- (talk · contr) 4:49 PM PST 4 Oct 2010
I've been in the Beta for the new look skin (post-Monaco aka "Oasis") for a few weeks now and it appears that Wikia has settled on dimensions for the new wiki logos that they are calling "Wordmarks". The dimensions may change, but we can start making logos based on the the beta dimensions for now.
New look "Oasis"- wordmark dimensions:
- Widht: 250 px
- Height: 65 px
These new dimensions are very limiting for logo variation because of the low height, but there is some indication that logos can be wider than 250px, which may allow some flexibility.
As before, they are PNGs and I believe the new version of "".
More info will be coming as I learn it...
--(talk · contr) 12:35 PM PST 29 Sep 2010Read more >
In light of the announcement at w:User blog:Sannse/Your First Look at the New Wikia about a new skin and an accompanying screenshot that seems to suggest a radical change in wiki logo dimensions, I'm not going to be making new logos until more information comes out about the new skin. Why make new logos if they're just going to have to be made again?
My decision should have no bearing on other logo makers.
--(talk · contr) 10:13 PM PST 18 Aug 2010
Update: Hi guys, As I am now part of the beta team... I have got information about the new skin! From my point of view, I think you would LOVE it to bits! Out of 100, I would give it 200 :3.
Just post a comment on this post if you want a screenshot of the new theme. I have designed my own on…Read more >